Friday, October 8, 2010

Burn your VFW cards; See VFW – PAC Endorsements!

From our good friends at BlackFive comes this unbelievable revelation;

Last night, we received an interesting email from Bev Perlson, who heads the Band of Mothers group.  She's got an awesome email list that is good for keeping up on what's going on around the country.

What was so disturbing was the email listed someone we all know- LTC(r) Allen West, and how the VFW, of all people, THE VEE-EFF-FRICKING-W, was ENDORSING HIS OPPONENT.

You read that right.

His opponent?  Democrat Ron Klein.  WHO HAS NEVER SERVED IN UNIFORM.

You read THAT right, too.

People, I've been pissed before.  Mad, even.  Upset.  But this?  THIS is treasonous to me.  For a 'so called' veterans organization to pick a NON-SERVING, NON-VETERAN over one of the MOST PROMISING veterans running in politics is heinous.  Disturbing.  And shows just how far off-track the VFW has become.

As you may recall, when I returned from Iraq one of the first things I did was join VFW and Legion as 'life members'.  Now, it seems, the time has come to rip, burn, and toss my Lifetime Membership for the VFW.  I feel like they have completely left us at the station here.  Over at the Farm Team, Jonn Lilyea lays out just who the VFW has announced they are supporting:

Barbara Boxer, Alcee Hastings, Barbara Lee, Steny Hoyer, Barbara Mikulsky, Chris VanHollen, John Dingell, Chuckie Schumer, Pat Leahy and Patty Murray

In addition, they support Perlmutter over Bailey (former USAF) Frazier (former Navy) for Colorado; to their credit, they do support Mike Coffman (Marine) in his race in CO.  But the rest of the list is disgusting.  To me, it reads they are 'supporting' or 'endorsing' only those they see as WINNING.  It appears they don't give a RATS ASS who supports vets or who WAS a vet.

I am asking all of you to join me in contacting the VFW to protest this development; supporting a non-vet over LTC West was the last straw.

Call the VFW at 1-202-544-5868.  Email them at: vfwpac@vfw.org.

Oh yeah, and before I forget- Remember when Obama wanted to charge wounded troops for medical care?  VFW supported him on that, too.  READ IT HERE.

VFW- we are done here.  Fix it, or be gone as a veterans organization.

UPDATE 1:  Keep hitting them- word is they are getting calls.  Write.  HIT THEM HARD.  Given the climate that's out there, and what they are doing to veterans behind our backs, this should not stand.  I suggest the following in any statements you send/make:

I, my membership, my money (the money I set aside to give to PACs) and every friend I can bring along are switching to the Legion.  And I will be doing my damnedest to convince every veteran I know to do likewise.

I hate this- I know there are locals that do great things.  But, if they are willing to sit by, and let their national organization do this over their objections, then they are complicit in it.  I'd like to see the locals boot the national guys out.  Really would.

UPDATE:  Getting questions and emails on whether we realize there is a difference between VFW and VFW-PAC.  Well, there is and there isn't.  Let me just say this- if the local VFW chapters, to include the states, are willing to let National allow their PAC to push this type of agenda and these types of candidates, well, bad on them for just standing by.  They should be rioting over it.  Holding their dues payments where they can.  Put pressure on National to adhere to what the LOCALS want, not what National may think 'is best'.  Because to do otherwise is utter bullshiite.

To us, this is not an issue of VFW-PAC vs. VFW.  They are the same- don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

 

In Ohio, the VFW-PAC is endorsing: Boccieri, John (D), Fudge, Marcia (D), Kaptur, Marcy (D), Space, Zack (D) and Sutton, Betty (D) just to name a few.  If you are a VFW member, please call your local unit and the national office today.

No comments:

Post a Comment