Friday, April 2, 2010

Illinois Democrat: “I don’t worry about the Constitution on this”

At Hot Air, Allahpundit notices Illinois Democrat Phil Hare shrugging off any concerns about the constitutionality of the health-care bill, in the worst way:

Note: He doesn’t mean “I don’t worry about it because I’ve studied the Commerce Clause and I’m confident we’ll win in court.”

When pressed, he flatly says he doesn’t know which part of the Constitution justifies the law, which is his way of saying he doesn’t care and hasn’t thought about it. In fact, the best he can do by way of legal authority is to cite life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness — which of course comes from the Declaration of Independence. His response, when corrected?

“Doesn’t matter to me. Either one.”

Here’s the video, compliments of SharpEblows.net

Congressman Hare is from Northwest IL–17th district. The GOP candidate is Bobby SchillingTalk about a Citizen Candidate.  Bobby Schilling sure fits the bill.  He is a former union steward, turned insurance agent, turned small businessman with an Italian restaurant.  He has been married for 24 years and he and his wife have ten children.  I wish this race where here in Ohio so I could go help work his campaign!

What a great looking family!

family-pics-augie-013

No comments:

Post a Comment