Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Godspeed Cpl. Porto

For those who read the military blogs, you may have seen this.  For those who don’t you are missing an important point of view and a touch of reality that helps keep me grounded.  From Blackfive today:

We wish to express our greatest condolences to Mrs. Porto, military wife who blogs at "A Little Pink in a World of Camo."

I Will Always be a Marine Wife
I just need to share some sad news with all of my blog friends.
Sad isn't even the word to describe it, but honestly at this point I can't find the words to describe it. Angry, empty, crushed, confused, shocked, alone, unglued, hateful, depressed, beaten down... none of these words can do justice to my feelings.
I am being forced to do something that no 23 year old woman should ever have to do. I am being forced to do something that no one should ever have to do, not at this early in life, especially. I am being forced to lay the love of my life, my saving grace, my entire world to rest.
Sometimes hashing it out in words helps, so I'm trying to blog about it. To wrap my mind around why God would do this to me, to him, to us. I can't fathom how any of this has happened, it all still feels so surreal, there's no way this is real I am having a nightmare. Unfortunately this is a nightmare I am unable to wake up from.
On Sunday 14 March, Cpl Jonathan Daniel Porto, my one and only soul mate, died while on operations in Helmand Province, Afghanistan when the vehicle he was in flipped over.

Godspeed Cpl. Porto
usa_sm_halfm2

1 comment:

  1. The Porto family is in my prayers by name tonight. This kind of story illuminates the things in life that are truly important.

    ReplyDelete